ZHOU Shengwei (In Attendance) | 周圣崴（出席）
China | 95 minutes | 2018 | Stop Motion Animated Film
Toronto Premiere 多伦多首映
In a totalitarian and male chauvinist world, a female high-heeled shoe named HUA Mulan rebels against the baby shoe factory to protect her baby girl from being transformed into a male shoe. To raise her daughter, she later has to disguise herself as a male sturdy shoe and works day and night in a capitalist cigarette factory. The story is not only about a mother’s sacrifice and a feminist’s revenge, but also has a political undertone of the intoxication of power.
SHe is ZHOU Shengwei’s debut feature, completed in six years. He built this surreal world with a massive number of recycled everyday objects, and the film is composed of over 58,000 photos.
Born in 1991 in Hunan Province, ZHOU Shengwei is now a Beijing-based director, animator and artist. He graduated from the School of Arts in Peking University in 2009. SHe was selected to the 21st Shanghai International Film Festival and the 24th L’Étrange Festival in Paris. The props used in SHe was also exhibited at the Onehome Hotel, Shanghai.
- Director 导演：ZHOU Shengwei 周圣崴
- Producer 制片人：ZHOU Shengwei 周圣崴、LI Yujian 李雨谏
- Executive Producer 监制：PENG Feng 彭锋
- Voice Actress 配音：LU Fuyang as HUA Mulan 吕伏阳（花木兰）
- Screenplay 编剧：ZHOU Shengwei 周圣崴
- Cinematographer 摄影：ZHOU Shengwei 周圣崴
- Editor 剪辑：ZHOU Shengwei 周圣崴
- Production Designer 美术设计：ZHOU Shengwei 周圣崴
- Sound 音效：HAN Ruida 韩睿达
- Music 音乐：YUAN Sihan 袁思翰